Thursday, July 12, 2007

Something that inspired me today

So, remember when I was a kid and I drew editorial cartoons? I was thinking of that today and I remembered the name Thomas Nast, who was the first really popular political cartoonist in the U.S. I "wikipediaed" him, and found the work below...look closly, it's bishops attacking.
I drew a couple (very rough), but it got me thinking about how I enjoyed cartooning. Maybe I will create another blog for a series of editorial cartoons...what do you think?
FYI, my cartoons are very legal specific (it's just what I'm reading right now), the cartoons are in reference to two recent Supreme Court decisions: Morse v. Frederick is the "BONG HiTS 4 JESUS" case. A kid in Alaska was expelled when he unfurled a banner during the olympic relay that had the bong hits slogan...he sued claiming freedom of speech...it went all the way to the Supreme Court...the Court sided with the school, even though it was off school property. The other cartoon has an explanation.




5 comments:

  1. yeah - I was thinking about all those cartoons when you just did your catdogboy. I was wondering why you didn't keep drawing them...
    I remember one day when you drew caricatures of me as famous people like ghandi and joan of ark - very funny.

    I definitely think you should do them again and create a separate blog - that would be awesome. you could publish them in the young lawyers journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to look into publishing with the young lawyers journal. I will start a blog.

    FYI, you know that interview article about Marie Hejl that I sent you (Cooking with Marie)? She is going to be on The Martha Stewart Show on July 26th! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome for Marie! I read through her website a little and bet the show with martha will be great.

    I look forward to seeing more of your cartoons - they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how to block someone from downloading your image?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...