Thursday, July 05, 2007

silvina romero

silvina romero


I am sooooo inspired by this artist right now - her jewelry made with recycled textiles. I came across her work through a link from Layers of Meaning, a blog about commentary on design & textile art from Serena Fenton" and Inhabitat "Inhabitat.com is a weblog devoted to the future of design, tracking the innovations in technology, practices and materials that are pushing architecture and home design towards a smarter and more sustainable future."

I have recently been trying to recycle my own materials to use in new ways - one neckpiece I've been working on with reclaimed yarn from an old sweater (light pink yarn knit in i-cord) combined with crocheted sterling silver spheres - it's not quite done so I don't have a picture of it yet - I'll post one when it's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...