Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fiona Rae on Artnet.com


an artist working in London - visit: Fiona Rae on Artnet to see her impressive resume -

image pictured titled: "You'll be relieved when you can see your favourites"

it reminds me vaguely of a desert landscape - almost dream like - with the different elements together. I have come across her work a few times, but never looked closely. for some reason it didn't intrigue me until now. I like the simple background with graphic elements over top - I don't understand the graphic letters, but that's how dreams are, some things don't make sense... the combination of paint brushstroke and black line drawing is very cool - almost as if she randomly scribbled with the paint then drew with black to pull out an image of a flower or creature (at least that's what I see).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...